Monday 20 August 2007

17th Aug: The Eagles have landed...

Is the message I got when I landed in Washington from Shabnam!!!!

A turbulent flight, 3 movies and a few winks later, we arrive at Dulles. The immigration takes ages, where one has to now go through a finger Id & a photo identification of sorts, to our Baggage going Missing for a good 45 minutes, where we searched the entire place, thinking someone must have kept it somewhere else, since we were the last few passengers to collect our luggage. Can you imagine the Trauma we went through when we saw the luggage belt empty, and our 3 bags nowhere in sight, considering all our last minute shopping was in 2 of them??? Complained about it, to be told that our bags had arrived & to hunt again … another round of the entire place & we find our 3 bags kept in one corner near the belt!!!  How did it get there … have absolutely no Clue … however , just thank the stars that we found them!!!

It’s welcome, amrikan style!!! Hummm

Visit this enchanted place. Its National Shrine Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes.

Set at the lovely valley of Emmitsburg, on the Mountainside, linked with Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton,the Shrine is one of the oldest American replicas of the revered French shrine, Shrine of Mary.

There is a mystical energy here. A place where one can sit in silence & go within. We sat in silence & when I opened my eyes, I felt the forest loom towards me. Was sure something was wrong & shut my again. When I opened them, same thing. It was the third time that I realized , that the leaves on the tree’s have a certain pattern in which they move, irrespective of the wind, and that’s what gives one the feeling that the trees are moving towards you, wanting to share some mystical secret, a mystical mantra ….

Since Montu da is organizing the decoration for the ICCC Independence day celebration & Mela, Mom & I helped him with some stuff …. & Voila, I actually got paid for it by him, my first hard earned money here!!! He He

HighlightShabnam , Mom & I went to celebrate at Macroni Grill & the woman at the Bar, actually explained to us that Canberry Martini had Vodka in it !!!! Guess, 3 asian single women at the bar is not a sight that they see here in Frederick!!! If only the Bartender knew hum kis mitti ke bane hain!!!:-)

However we went to Houlihan’s and they gave us some good Mojito’s & Canberry Martini with no questions & no explanations!!!!.... Mayb  coz I asked for the drinks this time!!!!;-)

No comments: