Monday 29 October 2007

16th Oct: Sleepless in Seattle !!!

What a start to this day…
 
Was up and ready to walk around Seattle & visit the places I hadn't the last time we were there. Before that, I called to check if Mom had reached London in one piece & we get news of a BA flight having collided with a Srilankan aircraft!! Poor Madhu got a little nervous till she got all details & realized it was not Mom's flight & just then Mom called to say she was fine.
 
Sigh of relief from all of Us & I take off with Joydeep first & foremost to Microsoft. Go to Madhu's office & then to the office building, the 4th floor office, where Bill Gates is looking for Me to take over , but kya karein, I really have no time , too much on my plate already!!!!;-)
 
Spend a fantastic day in downtown Seattle. Walk across 30 streets & am impressed with myself!!!
 
An interesting time at SAM,short for Seattle Art Museum …. Uncle Sam se inspire naam hai kya ….eh?? Pioneer square is a fun place with all the art galleries housing curious, fanciful but original work. Walk from there, all the way to Seattle centre take's me to offbeat & unusual shops…. Like a shop, called Cutty Shark, where the owner Roger Ottenbach, houses everything and anything that one would find in a ship, from all over the world. An antique shop , which had the most outlandish curios , to the Glasshouse workshop, which completely blew me away with their creativity made of Glass!!!
 
Hunger pangs catch on & I have a wonderful meal at Ipenema, a Brazillian Grill. Olympic Scultpure Park has some bizarre sculpture's , but what really impressed me , was the Tree made of Steel!! The to the top of Seattle Needle. Arial view of the city from Seattle Needle is stunning, so what if at that point of time, I am blown away by the strong Winds!!! It's thanks to the protection around, else all of us that day would have been blown to another part of the city …. The wind was so Strong!!! Babare ….
 
It's been a wonderful day, which was only possible coz I love to walk …. Walking .... so takes you to the nerve of the city…..     
 
Trivia …. Seattle is the glass art capital of the world.
 
Highlight…or should I say Tragic … To watch a bike skid past us, where we could not see the biker, with the friction causing a pathway of sparks! According to the Bus driver , who took some time to recover & get his composure back, so that he could drive again , the biker lost his balance .Thank the lord , the biker did not come under the bus & was fine, coz the driver stopped to see all was Ok & we left only after the police & ambulance reached, which they did within minute's!!! 
 

2 comments:

hindustani said...

loved ur descriptions 'live the moment' is tat ur name? i'm from pune(v close 2 aamchi mumbai)but live in penang, malaysia(wanna visit for a dekko?)wld luv 2 chat my email:cookiekong@hotmail.com

hindustani said...

cookie again..see u share same zodiac as my hubby, 2nd girl & ma-in-law who r chinese! u into fung shui?