Tuesday 9 October 2007

30th Sep: No Stopping at Stamford..

It’s was a long drive on Friday, by bus from Reading to Stamford with an hour & half layover at New York. But all worth the while, coz I am pleasantly surprised at the perfect schedule’s of the Bus. They are right on time & I could have actually synchronized my watch according to their departure & arrivals….. & then again, I sure was lucky there were no major office traffic or accident or road construction to delay the bus!!!! Jo bhi ho, humme Greyhound and the internal bus transport se , samay kaise rakha jata hai, jaror sihkana chahiye!!!! Kash, our internal transports were as good!!! Is someone listening???

A weekend with Jatin & family, at their home of just 3 weeks!!!! A beautiful home, filled with love & laughter. Had never thought I would actually manage to meet Vinisha’s little brother(staying with them was maybe, just a thought), who I had met after 1996, with his family for exactly 10 minutes in Bombay.

The 2 days flew past, with me, not being sure if I was a friend of Jatin or Rajshri , was so comfortable with both of them. Had difficulty in thinking of Jatin as Vinisha’s little brother, coz he is so grown up ….. a perfect family man!!! Went for Rohan’s soccer practice, Neev’s tennis coaching. Thai lunch, where Neev was most upset that we hadn’t gone to his favorite Chinese place. Movie, typical Raj style ghar ka khaana, jumping at the trampoline & playing base ball with the kids. Ending this lovely stay of mine with Suryavanshi style BBQ!!! An evening of Margarita’s , good food & discussions of the most varied topics!!!!

However, the stay couldn’t have been complete without a few surprise’s. Met Sarbani after 1981, if you might please!!! Madam is Single ( atlast, a dalian joins the Singles Sizzle Club!! ) & Professor of Astronomy at Yale!!!! We picked up from where we had left, the so many years of having lost touch, somehow just disappeared ……

Will surprise’s ever cease ….. meet up with Sulpha bhaiya & Kusum. They make their way to Jatin’s, through their busy schedule, to take Sarbani & me, for a lovely lunch at their most famous Thai restaurant in this area!!! ( First time, that I have had a perfect combination of prawn & chicken, in a single dish!!! ). Then it was a drive to their home, a cuppa coffee, before driving through the winding lanes, back at Jatin’s. 

Highlight.....Vinisha’s complete surprise, when she spoke with me & realized, I was at Jatin’s. Then to speak with Sarbani, was a double blaster. It was happiness that we were at Jatin’s but just that twinge of regret at her being so far away, from this Reunion!!! Don’t think she has still recovered!!!

Highlight…. While waiting for the bus for Stamford at New York, the lady next to me, couldn’t get over the Stole I was wearing. Once I told her I was from India, she went into complete raptures about the beauty of India, its rich culture, handicrafts!!!! Bharat desh Mahan!!! 

Highlight. Neev giving me a look, which said it all .. was too much for him to imagine that I understood Baseball & had played the game in school!!!! Is he an MCP or wot .. at such an early age that too . Refuses to even acknowledge that his Mom can play Tennis!!! Eesshhh!! J

No comments: